We have renamed our "Gate Server" to "Access Server" starting from our June, 2015 release.
For the older Gate Server version reinstallation instructions, see How do I reinstall the iconnect360 Gate Server?
The Access Server reinstallation process consists of four phases.
Phase 1: Save your data.
- Copy the Security Token from the Organisation (master) level > Settings > Developer Centre > Gate tab in iconnect360.
- If you wish to retain the same data for the controller settings, then we suggest that you copy them too or simply print screen the window to capture the data.
Phase 2: Uninstall the existing access server.
- Select Start menu > Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Select the iconnect360 Access Server version which you wish to remove from the list. For example, iconnect360 Access Server v2.0.x.x.
- Right-click and select Uninstall.
- Complete the uninstallation steps to remove the Access Server.
Phase 3: Install the latest access server.
- Download the AccessServer.exe file from this link: http://hello.iconnect360.com/download/AccessServer.exe.
- Double-click the .exe file and complete the installation process.
Note: If you have an Access Service installed on your machine, double-clicking the .exe file will prompt you to confirm if you wish to uninstall the local Access Service first prior to another installation.
Phase 4: Configure the iconnect360 access server application.
- Have the data you saved in Phase 1 readily available.
- Double-click the iconnect360 Access Client icon on your desktop.
- If the message ‘Service: Failed to connect’ window pops up, select OK.
- In the iconnect360 Access Server window, select API tab.
- In the Configure API window:
- Enter the Security Token, refresh and Select Site.
- Select Test Connection.
- Then select OK in the pop-up window.
- Select Save.
- Select the required controller or Device Name from the Controller List. Selected item will be highlighted.
- In the Controller Type field, retain Single Access for one gate but select Double Access for two gates.
- Select the correct Reader Type and Gate Type.
- Select Save and then OK in the pop-up window.
For more detailed instructions on access server installation and configuration, refer to help article:
How do I set up iconnect360 access controller?