The Deferred Revenue for Membership Sales report provides details of realised and deferred revenue or income from membership sales as of a specified date.
Deferred revenue is a term used to describe advanced payment or unearned revenue until the services have been rendered. For example, the up-front payment you received for a paid-in-full one year membership plan. The revenue from the membership plan relates to a future benefit for the customer in that he/she will be able to access your site's facilities or services over the course of 12 months.
- At the site level, select Reports from the left navigation menu.
- In the Customer section of the Reports page, select Deferred Revenue For Membership Sales.
- By default, the report will be generated for deferred revenue as of yesterday's date. You may select up to 7 days in the past.
For example, today is the 08/01/2013. The defaulted date for the report will be yesterday, which is 07/01/2013. You may also select a date between 01/01/2013 and 07/01/2013.
Note: You will not be able to select a date in the future nor any date beyond the past 7 days.
- You may add more Filter by options to obtain a more specific report. You can filter by billing frequency, membership name, membership start date and/or membership status.
How to use the filter by, group by and sort by functions
- You can select to Sort by customer no. or customer name.
- Select Generate Preview.
Note: If there is no tax applied for a booking, the tax field value will show 0.00.