POS items are created at the organisation (master) level and automatically configured to the selected sites. You can monitor and adjust stock levels at both organisation (master) and site level.
Add a POS item
- At the Organisation (master) level, select Inventory > Items from the left navigation menu.
- Select Add Item.
- In the General Details section, complete the following fields. Asterisk fields are required.
- Name * - Enter a name for the item.
- Reference Code * - Enter between 5 and 10 alphanumerical characters without spacing. The underscore symbol is allowed. E.g. KIT_1
Note: The reference code cannot be changed after the item has been created.
- Barcode - Scan the item’s barcode or manually enter the barcode.
- Description - Give a description of the inventory item.
- Image - Upload an image of the item. This image will be displayed in the POS Sales module. The image file format must be either a .jpg or .png. The maximum file size for upload is 3MB.
- Status - By default, the item will be available for sale on all the selected sites once it has been created.
- Sites * - Select the field to open the Site Lookup pop-up window, then select the required site(s) for the item to be sold at.
- Groups - Select the group in which the item belongs to. You can select more than one group or you can choose not to select any group.
Note: See instructions below on how to create a group.
- Link item’s purchase to a purchaser? - By default, the item can be sold to anyone, i.e. item does not need to be linked to a purchaser. If you wish for the item to be sold only to customers or prospects, select Yes.
- Keep track of stock level? - By default, the stock level for this item is not monitored.
If you wish to monitor stock level, change it to a Yes.
Then for each selected site,
- Stock Level - Enter the current stock level.
- Restock Level - Enter the minimum quantity that serves as an indicator for the item to be replenished.
- Restock Quantity - Enter the quantity to be replenished when the stock level is at its minimum (defined by the quantity in Restock Level).
- You can still make changes to the stock levels at the site level.
- Tax - By default, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate is selected.
- Cost Price - Enter the cost value of the item inclusive of tax amount.
- Default Selling Price - Enter the selling value of the item inclusive of tax amount. E.g. If you wish to sell the item at $2.50 + 20% GST, then enter $3.00 as the selling price.
- Site's Selling Price - Enter the selling value of the item inclusive of tax amount for different sites if you wish to set a distinctive selling price at different sites.
- Set to Default Selling Price - Select the checkbox next to the site name and select this option only if you wish to set the selling price of the selected site(s) to the Default Selling Price.
- Allow variable price? - By default, variable pricing is not allowed. If you wish to allow the selling price to be changed during POS Sales, then change it to a Yes.
- You can still make changes to the pricing at the site level.
If you need to make any changes, select Back to return to the previous page.
Add a POS item group
Creating item groups enables you to classify and arrange your items systematically. This is useful when you have many different items in your inventory.
- At the Organisation (master) level, select Inventory > Groups from the left navigation menu.
- Select Add Group.
- Enter a Name and Description for the item group.
- Select Finish.
Last updated on 10 Apr, 2015