New membership suspension policies can only be added at the organisation level.
- At the Organisation level, select Settings > Membership from the left navigation menu.
- Select the Suspension Policies tab.
- Select Add Suspension Policy.
- Enter a Name for the new suspension policy. E.g. Suspend without billing.
Tip: Be as specific as possible. The name of the policy will appear in the membership details. If the name is self-explanatory, others will not need to refer to the policy details.
- (Optional) Enter a Description.
- Select the desired option for Billing Within Suspension Term.
- No billing - Customers do not have to pay anything during the suspension period.
- Bill reduced rate - Customers pay a minimal fee throughout the suspension period depending on their selected billing Frequency.
- Enter the Reduced Rate During Suspension into the corresponding Frequency fields.
The Frequency here corresponds with the billing frequency in the membership billing details. It does not refer to the suspension frequency.
The screenshot below shows the billing frequency and rate for Gold Membership. Gold Membership allows customers to choose only from a billing frequency of 1 Week(s) or 2 Week(s).
If you wish to bill Gold Membership customers at a reduced rate during the suspension term, ensure that you enter the values for the 1 Week(s) and 2 Week(s) billing frequency. In the screenshot below, customers will be billed at the reduced rate of $5.00 per week or $10.00 every 2 weeks instead of the normal billing rate of $20.00 or $40.00 respectively.
If you do not enter a value for 1 Week(s) and 2 Week(s), i.e. the rates remain at the defaulted $0.00, then customers will NOT be billed at a reduced rate during the suspension term. Instead customers will still be billed at the chosen billing frequency rate, i.e. $20.00 for 1 Week(s) or $40.00 for 2 Week(s).
- Select the desired Suspension Rate.
- Pro-rata: If customers begin or end the suspension period out of the billing cycle, then customers will pay a pro-rated amount of the suspension rate.
- Flat Rate: Customers pay the same flat suspension rate no matter when the suspension period begins or ends.
- Select Next.
- Check the accuracy of the policy details in the Summary page.
- Select Finish.