Billing options can only be changed at the organisation level. Details that can be changed are billing frequency, preferred billing day, first payment option, and the failed payment option.
- Frequency is the billing frequency mode the organisation would like to make available to customers. E.g. weekly, monthly
- Preferred Billing Day is the day the organisation would like to bill the customers. The preferred billing day can be different for different frequency modes. E.g. every Monday for weekly mode, every fifth day of the month
- First Payment refers to how the first payment will be collected from the customer. E.g. first payment to be made the day after the customer has signed up or on the next scheduled direct debit (based on the preferred billing day)
- Failed Payment refers to the situation whereby a customer's direct debit failed to be processed by the bank. This could be due to reasons such as insufficient funds, wrong bank account or credit card information, the customer has ordered the bank to stop the debit, etc.
Changes to billing details will apply to memberships at the organisation level and across all sites. Any change to the billing options will only impact new customers who sign up after the change has been applied. The change will not affect customers who have already signed up for memberships.
- At the Organisation level, select Settings > Billing from the left navigation menu.
- In the Direct debit tab, select Edit for Billing Details.
- Changes to the Billing Frequency.
- Frequency - To add or remove a frequency mode, select or deselect the corresponding Status checkbox.
It is recommended to select all frequency modes. You can then deselect the unwanted billing frequency option when creating each individual membership.
- You cannot deselect the Paid in full option.
- You cannot deselect billing frequency modes that are being used. The Membership Uses column indicates the number of membership usages for each frequency mode.
- Preferred Billing Day - To change the preferred billing day for a frequency mode, select the desired day from the respective dropdown field.
- If the preferred billing day falls on a weekend or public holiday, the billing will automatically occur on the next working day.
- If preferred billing day is set to None, the billing will automatically be fixed on the next day after a customer has signed up for a membership (except for Paid in full and Free).
Example: A customer signs up for a membership on Monday, 1 January. The organisation did not select a preferred billing day.
- If the customer selects the weekly mode of payment, the billing for the customer will be on every Tuesday.
- If the customer selects the monthly mode of payment, the billing for the customer will be on the 2nd day of every month regardless of which day of the week it falls on.
You must select at least one First Payment Option.
- With direct debit
Collect customer's first payment the next working day after the customer has signed up for the membership or on the forthcoming membership effective start date. Depending on the membership rate and preferred billing day, the first payment may be a pro-rated amount.
- With next scheduled direct debit
Collect customer's first payment on the next scheduled direct debit after the membership start date. Depending on the membership rate and preferred billing day, the first payment may be a pro-rated amount.
- At the till
Collect customer's first payment immediately at the till (by cash, cheque or payment card) upon membership signup.
- How do I set a customer’s first payment to be collected on a specific date?
- How do I change the Failed Payment settings for direct debit billing?