Self-paying is a term used to describe someone who chooses to pay for himself or herself instead of letting another person to pay for them.
In iconnect360, a customer can opt to pay for themselves (self-pay) or they can elect their spouse, parents, siblings, friends, or employer to pay for them.
- A mother who wants to pay for her 5-year-old son's swimming lessons.
- A husband who wants to pay for his wife's Yoga classes.
- An employer who wants to pay for his employee's gym membership.
- A daughter who wants to buy a gym membership for her dad as a Christmas present.
To change the Self-pay setting for an existing customer:
Go to the customer's page.
Select Change Payment Method in Payments tab.
By default, the Self-pay is Yes. If a customer wants to let someone else to pay, select the toggle button to change it to No.
If you change the Self-pay toggle button to No and if the payer is not an existing customer, you need to enter the new payer's name, payment method, bank or credit card details, e-mail address, house address, and phone number. If the payer is an existing customer with direct debit payment details, the payer's information will be populated in the form.
- Verify the payer's details and select Save Changes.
- Our system can only accept one payer's information at any one time.
- All existing and future payments will be borne by the new payer.
- The Self-pay feature is available in all products signups including the online booking signup and online membership signup.
- When your customer has signed up for a new product, the direct debit authority will show the new payer’s information. The new payer needs to sign the debit authority form which contains the payer's payment details.