If you wish to collect the first payment today…
…then the only option is collect at the till.
Regretfully, this cannot be done with direct debit. Note that selecting “At the till” does not mean you need a physical till hardware literally connected to your computer. It is an option that you can select to indicate that payment will be received in a method other than direct debit. For example, cash, credit card, cheque or voucher payment. You can then proceed to process the payment transaction away from iconnect360.
If you wish to collect the first payment at a future date…
…then there are 3 available options.
- Collect with direct debit the next working day.
- Collect with next scheduled direct debit.
- Collect at a specified date other than the above.
1. Collect with direct debit the next working day.
To do so, you need to set the membership start date to either today or tomorrow and then select first payment to be collected with direct debit. Note that the next working day may not be tomorrow if it falls on a weekend or public holiday.
Example: If today is Friday the 13th, then the first payment will automatically be scheduled on Monday the 16th.
2. Collect with next scheduled direct debit.
If this option is available and selected, the first payment date will automatically fall on the preferred billing day indicated in your organisation’s membership billing settings. More Info.
Example: Today is Friday the 13th and the start date for the customer. Your organisation’s preferred billing day is on Fridays. The customer’s first payment will automatically be scheduled on Friday the 20th. Note: First payment cannot be on Friday the 13th because direct debit cannot occur “today”.
3. Collect at a specified date other than the above.
Let’s say your customer wishes the first payment to be on a day other than the ones mentioned, then you can make the adjustments as required.
Example: Today is Friday the 13th and the start date for the customer. Your organisation’s preferred billing day is on Fridays. However your customer prefers to make the first payment and every subsequent payment on Tuesdays.
- Select the customer’s First Payment to be collected with direct debit.
- Then select the Recurring Payment to start on Tuesday the 17th. Let the First Payment remained automatically scheduled on the next working day, which is Monday the 16th.
- Complete the steps to add the customer into the system.
- Once done, go to the customer’s Payments tab.
- Open the first payment debit.
- Select the Collect on Next Debit Date button. The first payment will be collected with the next scheduled debit on Tuesday the 17th.
Alternatively, you can select the Edit link and change the date of the first payment to any date within the billing cycle. Learn More.
If you need further help in making alternative first payment plan for your customers, do let us know. We’ll be glad to guide you in applying the best process for your organisation.