When customers want to put their membership on hold for a definite period of time, we called it membership suspension.
How suspension works on iconnect360
- Billing during the suspension period depends on the suspension policy for the membership that is to be suspended. It is either no billing or billing at a specified reduced rate. For the latter, billing may be a pro-rated or flat rate amount.
- If the suspension dates occur out of the billing cycle, pro-rata applies to the debit before the suspension start date and the debit after the suspension end date.
- If the suspension period falls within the billing cycle and the suspension is applied after payment is made (or is being processed), the debit may not be pro-rated because billing has taken place. You may want to manually reduce the amount of the next debit or perform a partial refund for the paid debit.
- Note that the customer’s membership end date may be extended if the membership plan was set for a specific time period and if a minimum term was imposed.
- The suspension period can surpass the membership end date.
How to perform the suspension on iconnect360
- In the customer's page, select the Memberships tab.
- For the membership that you wish to suspend, select the Suspend button.
- By default, the system auto-populates the Suspension Start Date to be on the next billing date. To change, enter the start date of the suspension period.
- By default, the system auto-populates the Suspension End Date to be one day after the specified start date. Change the date, if necessary.
- The Billing Within Suspension Term field dictates if the customer needs to pay a minimal fee throughout the suspension period. This is based on the suspension policy for the membership.
If billing is required, you can select the amount link to view the billing breakdown. Select Close to close the the pop-up window.
- Note the details in Changes. Any impacted areas will be reflected here. E.g. If the customer’s membership has a minimum term, then its ending date will be extended.
- Select OK.
A confirmation message appears at the top of the customer's page. All activities are recorded in the Timeline tab.
- How do I undo the suspension of a membership?
- How do I resume the membership of a customer?
- How do I change the suspension of a membership?
Last updated on 15 Mar, 2015