Tom had cancelled his membership after clearing off his outstanding payments in cash over the POS till. However, iconnect360 still listed him as having a billing issue due to his expired credit card which had prevented Ezypay from direct debiting his last payment. You don't feel it's right to ask him for new payment details after he had cancelled his membership. So how can you remove the billing issue from Tom?
Answer: Well, you can just use the "Ignore payment details issue" function. Doing so would remove Tom from the billing issue list. He will also no longer appear in the Invalid Customer Details report.
- In the customer's page, select Resolve payment details issue.
- In the drop-down list, select Ignore payment details issue.
- In the pop-up window, select Yes.
Jill has not paid for her membership ever since signing up because she has given you invalid payment details. After numerous unanswered calls, you decided to cancel her account since she probably did not have the intention to join the club. As you do not wish to follow up on her billing issue anymore, what should you do to clear the billing issue from an inactive customer?
Answer: First, write off Jill's outstanding payments. Then, select to ignore payment details issue. These actions will clear all her billing issues. Note that your organisation will have to bear the customer's customer paid Ezypay fees, such as commission fee or failed payment fee, should you choose to write off her outstanding payments. And if you sign her up again, you may run into failed payments again if you had forgotten to obtain her latest valid payment details.
Here are some things that you should take note.
- The "Ignore payment details issue" function is only available if the customer has a billing issue due to invalid payment account details, credit card expiry, payment account closed or withdrawn authority.
- If the customer's outstanding payments have been paid or written-off, then performing the function to ignore payment details issue will remove the customer from the billing issue status list. The customer's name will also no longer appear in the Invalid Customer Details report.
- If you ignore payment account details issue of an active billing customer, you may risk another failed payment because Ezypay will continue to direct debit from their existing payment method.
- The ability to change payment details, write off outstanding payments and ignore payment details issue are separate user role permissions. If you do not seem to have these functions but would like to perform those actions, please refer to your Organisation or Site Administrator or if you are one, do check the permission assigned to your role. See: Users and roles