You need to have the Customers > Change Membership Term site permission to change the membership term of a customer. See User and Roles.
The Change Term option is visible only when:
- The customer's membership status is Future, Active, or Active with Billing Issues.
- The customer's membership status is NOT Expired, Cancelled, or Suspended.
- The customer's membership is not pending suspension or cancellation.
The Change Term option allows you to change the duration of a customer's membership by extending or shortening the membership's end date. You can change a customer's membership from fixed term to ongoing membership and vice versa. The system would automatically generate and prorate the necessary payments when there are changes made to the membership's end date.
In the customer's page, select the Memberships tab.
For the membership that you wish to change, select the More Actions button and then select Change Term.
Select the new End Date for the membership from the date picker.
The iconnect360 system allows you to:
1) Extend the membership End Date from the membership-paid-to-date onwards only.
2) Shorten the membership End Date for unbilled transactions only.
- You can set the earliest end date to today's date.
- When the membership term is extended or shortened, an information message is displayed next to the field.
For examples, "Added 3 weeks, 2 days", "Shortened by 5 days".
- The system would not allow you to enter an End Date which is below the minimum term. The entered date must be greater than the minimum term end date.
- The End Date field would be disabled if the Ongoing checkbox is selected.
If you select the Ongoing checkbox, that means there is no end date for the membership. The End Date field would become non-editable.
Enter the Minimum Term End Date if there is a minimum term that your customer has agreed to abide.
- You cannot enter a Minimum Term End Date that exceeds the membership's end date, a warning message is displayed next to the field.
For example, "Date must not exceed membership end date".
Enter the Notes section if applicable.
Select Save Changes.
A confirmation message appears at the top of the customer's page. All activities are recorded in the Timeline tab.