You can fully or partially refund a customer's paid debit by cash or payment at the till, direct credit, or ClubCash. Note that the "Refund with direct credit" option is only available when payment was made via direct debit instruction from the bank or by Visa or MasterCard credit card. The latter option is not available when debit payment was made with AMEX or Diners debit card.
Here are the quick steps.
- In the Payments tab of the customer's page, select the paid debit amount. (Paid is indicated by a green status.)
- In the debit's pop-up window, select Refund.
- In the Select Items to Refund section, tick the payment item(s) to be refunded.
- In the corresponding To Refund fields, enter the amount to be refunded. By default, the full amount that can be refunded is auto-populated.
- Select the Refund Method.
- Refund in Till: Refund by cash or payment card over the till.
- Refund with direct credit to [direct debit payment method]
- Refund to ClubCash: Refund to club's cashless account for accumulated reimbursement or for future payments. The customer can also choose to cash out now or cash out later via ClubCash.
- Refund Credit: This option is available only if payment was made via package credit deduction.
Tip: Be as specific as possible. The reason entered will be displayed in the Comments section. E.g. Refund membership fee due to…
If you have selected 'Refund in Till', the POS History page appears for payment to be refunded at the till.
- Select Confirm Refund.
- In the Confirm Refund pop-up window, select the refund method tab.
- Select OK.
- In the Transaction Complete pop-up window:
- Select Close to close the pop-up window in POS History page.
- Or select Go To Person to return to the customer’s page.
If you have selected Refund to ClubCash, you can see the refunded amount in the customer's page. There is a small grey box on the right hand side of the Payments tab which shows the ClubCash amount and payer's information. Learn more.
Confirmation of the refund is indicated in the Status. Amber colour status for Refunded, Partially Refunded, and Refund Processing.