Do you want to change the billing date for a single debit?
Or do you want to change the billing date for all debits in a customer's membership?
A. Change the billing date for a single debit
Here are the quick steps to change the billing date for a single debit.
- In the Payments tab of the customer's page, select the amount for the debit billing in which you want to change the debit date.
- In the pop-up window, select Edit.
- In the Date field, enter the new debit date.
Note: You can only change to another date within the same billing cycle.
Important: You can only apply the debit date change in this debit and not for future debits thenceforth.
- In the Notes field, enter the reason for the change of date.
Tip: Be as specific as possible. The reason entered will be displayed in the Notes section.
E.g. Billing date changed from 15/06/12 to 18/06/12 as requested by customer.
- Select Save Changes.
B. Change the billing date for all future debits (Not applicable for Bookings)
If you need to change the billing date for all the future debits in the customer's membership, you will need to "change" the membership.
Here are the quick steps.
- In the customer's page, select the Memberships tab.
- For the customer's membership plan that needs the billing date to be changed, select the More Actions icon and then Change Membership.
- Re-select the same membership plan.
- Select the membership start date for the new billing date to be implemented.
- Retain the same membership rate. You can also opt to change the billing frequency.
- Select the first payment to be collected with direct debit or next scheduled direct debit.
- Change the date Recurring Payment date to your preferred billing date.
- Change the First Payment to be $0.00. You can adjust the first recurring debit payment later from the customer's Payments tab.
- For Payment Details, retain the default to Use existing payment method as above.
- You will need to ask the customer to sign the Debit Authority again due to the change in the direct debit billing instruction.
Upon the start of the "new" membership with the new billing date, the existing membership will be cancelled. The last payment for the "old" membership may be pro-rated accordingly. You can choose to write-off the last debit and insert that payment amount into the first debit of the "new" membership.
For more detailed instructions, view the steps to change the membership of a customer.
- How do I change the billing frequency of a customer's membership?
- How do I change the debit billing amount for a customer?
- How do I postpone a customer's scheduled debit?