Answer: Change the customer's membership.
We do understand that sometimes you just want to change the debit billing frequency but retain the same membership plan for the customer. At this point, the only way to do this is to use the "Change membership" feature on iconnect360.
Here are the quick steps.
- In the customer's page, select the Memberships tab.
- For the customer's membership plan that needs the billing frequency to be changed, select the More Actions icon and then Change Membership.
- Re-select the same membership plan.
- Select the membership start date for the new billing frequency to be implemented.
- Select the membership rate, which is the new billing frequency with the corresponding payment rate.
- Select the first payment to be collected with direct debit or next scheduled direct debit.
- Check the First Payment amount. You can adjust the amount for the first payment as needed and waive the joining fee.
- For Payment Details, retain the default to Use existing payment method as above.
- You will need to ask the customer to sign the Debit Authority again due to the change in the direct debit billing instruction.
Upon the start of the "new" membership with the new billing frequency, the existing membership will be cancelled. First payment for "new" membership and last payment for "old" membership may be pro-rated accordingly.
For more detailed instructions, view the steps to change the membership of a customer.